Saturday, January 22, 2011

Booze & Beads, Episode 1

This is my debut episode of Booze & Beads.  What?  What is Booze & Beads, you ask?  My Reno Besty has decided to get into beading.  So we are getting together to dine, drink, and bead.  Each event will have a signature celebratory drink of the evening.  Isn't this a fabulous idea?  Yes, I think so too.

I needed the motivational kick in the butt to start doing something with my stash again.  I have so many beautiful beads to utilize.  And I want to start making and selling jewelry again.  Hubby committed to helping me sell on eBay, so why not!

It's so fun teaching someone new to beading, and Tricia is totally excited about it.  The wonder and amazement at a finished product or a row of beads in a store is so exciting.  And hey, it's fun to go shopping with someone else!  So many bead shops... so little time.

Our signature drink of the evening last night was Root Beer Float Cocktails, and lemme just tell you, these are DEEE-LISH.  I LOVED them.  So much so that I had a bit of a headache today, but no, no sympathy for me, I can handle it.

Here's the recipe.  Root Beer Float Cocktails:
1 part Vanilla Vodka
1 part Galliano
1 part Cream (half & half works great)
8 parts Coca-Cola but we used Root Beer (novel concept, I know)
Top with whipped cream

Beware, that Galliano stuff is really strong--and totally tasty in this beverage.  Since the boys were with us, we didn't really finish anything, but started some fun projects.  Pictures I'm sure will be shared after some future Booze & Beads evening.  Recipes will definitely be shared.

CHEERS to you all!!! 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a little of a hang over this morning. Didn't stop me from leaping out of bed to finish the project we started last night. Cheers to us for good food, good times, and good company. Looking forward to Episode II.

Anonymous said...

Uh, HELLO???!!! No pictures? AT ALL??? I mean, I like the before pictures. Pretty beads are pretty pretty beads. Pictures of the yummy drinks? Next time - MORE PICTURES!!!


I only wish I was there to participate in Booze & Beads. Sounds delightful. I still haven't made anything from the beads I got visiting you two years ago. Sigh.

donna said...

I had no idea you were crafty! You'll have to teach me sometime.

T said...

Uhhh, my nickname in KS was Martha MacGyver, and I'll let you, Donna, guess who gave that to me.

I promise, pics next time. And I SOOOOO wish you could be here for the fun! You'd love Tricia too!

T said...

Actually you BOTH would have so much fun with us!

Anonymous said...

I think we could all make it a hell of a party, Martha.