Sunday, April 28, 2013

More Random Thought Bubbles

1.  Yesterday before puppy class, we met our friend to deliver Yoda to her furrever life!  We are so happy and relieved that this good little girl has now started her wonderful new life with her new daddy. 

She will finally enjoy the love she always deserved.  No more fleas.  No more loveless days and nights.  No more wondering what's for dinner or where she will get some water.  She's in great hands and I'm so thankful her new dad wanted her.  He's keeping the name Yoda.
Yoda on her way to her new daddy
We got a text from our friend last night and she fits right into his life.  It was meant to be.
Her first day with her new dad included several naps
So precious it makes you cry, no?

2. My CDP (Crappy Day Package) recipient got her package and she wrote me a nice email!  We have a lot in common so I hope we can get to know each other.  She seems like a really nice and interesting person.  And she thought enough to write to me, so I call that a win.  I still don't know if the last person I had, thought much about anything and it took awhile to even find out if she received the package so my expectations haven't been particularly high.  (No offense Stephanie!)

3. I'm hoping Apple hurries up and comes out with the new iPhone.  Because I will be getting one.  I'm still using my old one, and I didn't realize how many features I miss.  That's what I get for washing dog toys.  Well, I won't make THAT mistake again... I know it will be coming out soon, so I just have to wait a little longer.  We might be those crazy people stalking the apple store the day of the new release.

4. So we have a lot going on.  Giving Yoda away has been a huge relief.  We have our new garage under construction.  The trusses came up yesterday.  We got a feel for how big it's going to be.  It's going to be awesome.  Who am I and what happened to me?  I'm excited about building a garage.  And having chickens.  These thoughts would have freaked me the hell out in my 20's and probably early 30's.  I will post pics of the new garage next weekend.  Because I believe it will be complete or mostly complete in a week!

5. Something else about to keep us occupied is the fact that we have a water leak.  Somewhere between the road and our house.  We live on ACREAGE people.  I'm not even kidding you.  Todd is going to start digging.  FOUR FEET DEEP in various places to try to find the source.  Geez.  I still can't believe this crap happens.  Worst case scenario, we pay someone to trench a whole new line because within a few months time it would have paid for itself with what we are paying for our water bill.  Not to mention the waste.

6. So yesterday I got MY crappy day package in the mail.  Thanks to DoingMyBest for coordinating!  I was so excited to get the box!  And I ended up opening one of the gifts today because last night was rough.  Joey is not sleeping.  2 hours after we go to sleep, he whines to go out.  Then he whines an hour later because he's thirsty.  And then 45 minutes later because it's too dark.  Then 30 minutes later because there is a lump in his pillow.  Then 15 minutes later because his sister touched him.  And then 5 minutes later because a spider farted.  WHAT is his PROBLEM????  He's driving us crazy.  This has been going on for a week and we haven't slept solidly.

7. Last night when Joey whined again after I took him out, he got grounded and put in the hall bathroom all by his lonesome self.  He started whining MORE, so I took him to the living room where he stayed in their pen and I slept on the couch in the same room.  Meanwhile, Jessie was afraid to whine at all because she saw her brother get grounded and the drama level was high.  Poor girl had diarrhea.  I mean horribly, runny, explosive diarrhea.  It's like all shades of the poo rainbow.  Enough of that disgusting thought.  Anyway, I truly had a CRAPPY DAY, and totally deserved to open this shower fizzy and milk & honey bath milk. Thanks to Mommyfeather because it was a highlight of my crap-filled day!  And I love bath milk.

Fingers crossed Joey shuts up tonight.  Or we may have another dog free to good home...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's up with Joey? Did the other dogs so this? If so, I don't remember? Maybe he's having a growth spurt.

SO happy for Yoda!!!

Toddy said...

It's possible, POSSIBLE that he was hurting in his tummy. Yesterday after eating a bunch of dirt, twigs and some crap falling from the trees, he barfed up a wad which included his missing ankle wrap, which is obviously undigestible.

caseyoconnell said...

We were watching "Naked Castaway" last night and he got some kind of food or water poisoning that resulted in explosive diarhea, and he said, "The whole world just fell out of my bottom." That tickles me. Was that how Joey was?

You definitely deserved a crappy day present after all that.