Monday, February 24, 2014

Upcycled

Howdy!  February has almost slipped away with only one single lonely post.  How does that happen?!?

I want to share an idea with you that I made and sent to a friend.  It's right up her alley because she loves burlap, and textured fabric.  And I love turning something that used to be considered trash into something useful.
 
Remember those old coffee cans that nobody keeps anymore and only pack-rats have burried in their garage?  Or you can find them full of buttons at garage sales.  Here's a great idea to re-purpose that old coffee can.

Here are my ingredients:


I bet you can imagine what I did with these 3 items....  And this is the interior view after I glued the rope all around it:



Ta-da!  Isn't it cool?!?  It could be a plant pot cover, a pen holder, a mail receptacle, etc.  The uses are limitless!

So there you have it, my 2nd post in February.  Tomorrow will be much more exciting.

SOMEONE around here is turning 11.  And he's someone to really celebrate!  I need to go frost his cake...

3 comments:

Toddy said...

Good thing you know a pack rat

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize Keystone was a packrat!

TRICIA said...

Looks amazing with silk sunflowers.