Saturday, March 8, 2014

It's A Major Award!

You know I'm not one to talk about work.  I keep my personal life personal, and my work life separate.  It's just easier that way.  (Especially since I worked for that ONE company that ONE time that made EVERYONE hyper-paranoid about saying anything at all about THE company in a social setting.  Those people need to lighten up.)

Anyway, I do have something about work to tell you.  What a great day I had yesterday!  Except for the morning, which pretty much started like any normal stressful day at work with miscommunication, drama, misunderstanding, bla, bla, bla.  All the stuff work is made of on a daily basis, except it got better!

I had a delightful lunch out with my hubby (rare occurrence that I didn't just eat at my desk) and had a delicious healthy lunch (unusual for me, I know).  Then went back to work for an afternoon full of meetings.  If I could just make it to the gym to hit the treadmill, my weekend would start.

In my department wide meeting, something really nice happened.  Our HR department started a brand new acknowledgement program so that people can be patted on the back for a job well done.  I was the first and only person in my department presented with an acknowledgement award for some work I did in January/February 

While many other people were easing into their new year of work, I had to juggle the daily stuff while focusing on something new, intense, and extremely aggressive.  The good thing was that I knew the due date was in late February, so the finish line was short.  Also, I had counterparts in several other countries being asked to do the same task.

What is SO COOL is the fact that something I did was acknowledged not only by the boss of my boss, but ALSO by colleagues GLOBALLY as being THE BEST.  It just floors me!  I mean, I was given an EXTREMELY aggressive timeline to produce something, but that doesn't mean I was going to half-ass it.  Which is what I think they expected given that they initially only gave 3 weeks, and we negotiated an additional month.  If they wanted it half-baked, they should have asked someone else to do it.  

When I thanked the presenter later after the meeting, she told me that I gave management so much to work with, they are really asking tough questions about what they are going to do with the future strategy.  SCORE for me!

Now I get a $100 gift certificate to choose from some really awesome prizes in the online store.  I think I'll go shopping now!




2 comments:

Toddy said...

My smarty honey. Hey Ma, she had that turkey burger at 54th St Grill.

TRICIA said...

Congrats!!!!! Job well done.